Slow Cooker Recipes
Today I am going to pull all the Slow Cooker Recipes together into one Post. Around here every one calls Slow Cookers, Crock Pots. If you were to ask some one if they had a Slow Cooker a quizzical look followed by yes I have a Crock Pot. Thats why all the recipes are called Crock Pot Recipes instead of Slow Cooker Recipes. Everyone I tell about the Slow Cooker Recipes are excited to try them. Especially the Crock Pot Salisbury Steak. So pulling them together into one spot seams like a good idea Just Click the Link in the name of the dish for the full recipe. So we will start with the my most favorite.
Around my Part of the country Places and people get a reputation for the taste and quality of their Salisbury Steak. It’s not uncommon for a church lunch or Moose Club to be packed with people trying to get a serving of Salisbury Steak.
My Hacked Recipe
- About a Pound of Lean Ground Hamburger Or Swiss or Cubed Steak at least 2 steaks Per Person
- One Can of your Choice of French Onion Soup, Mushroom Soup, or a delicious Dark Beef Gravy.
- One medium onion sliced thin.
- One can of mushrooms the size is up to you I love mushrooms in my Salisbury Steak so I used a large Can. This is not a place for Fresh mushrooms in my opinion they don’t taste the same.
- Garlic powder to your taste.
- Half a cup of Beef Broth made from a Good Beef Base.
Ok it is simple easy and fast. Take your Soup in my case it is French onion, combine it with the half cup of Beef Broth. Wisk to combine. Slice your Onion nice and thin. Into the crock pot [Click the title link for the rest of the recipe]
I know that this can’t be the first time you have heard of using the crock pot to make pork chops. But I am here to tell you that if you take 30 minutes the night before and prep your crockpot pork chops and set them to cooking as you leave the house in the morning you will come home to the most delicious pork chops. It is so easy all you need is a few ingredients.
- 2 nice onions sliced thin
- 1 can single serving of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can single serving of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Nice pork chops
- 3 cups cooked rice or what is needed to match the number of pork chops prepared
It is so so easy. take your pork chops and if you want brown them in a skillet. [Click the title link for the rest of the recipe]
One of my favorite dishes from the crock-pot is Buffalo Chicken Dip. This is so tasty. I love to eat it with tortilla chips, but if I am cutting back on carbs it is great with broccoli, carrots, or just a spoon. I’ve had people comment that they could stick their head in my dip and eat it. The best part of it is how easy it is to make.
- 1 Brick of Cream Cheese.
- 1/2 cup mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup ranch or blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot or Buffalo Sauce
- 1-2 12 oz. cans of chicken(drained) or 2 cups cooked chicken shredded
You put all the ingredients in the crock-pot and put the crock-pot on low for 1-2 hours, [Click the title link for the rest of the recipe]
To make chicken all you need is a little water about 1/4 cup at the bottom of your crock-pot and then you can add a bouillon cube for flavoring. Then put 4 breasts in the crock-pot. I then season these with salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, basil, and pat of butter on each chicken breast. Put the lid on and let it cook on low for 4-5 hours or high for 2-3 hours. The chicken comes out tender and delicious. Then add side dishes. It also makes excellent chicken and noodles. I like to cook in the crock-pot on the weekends and then have leftovers for the week. It saves you time, money, and makes your dinnertime a breeze. You also are getting a healthy meal with no extra preservatives that is not processed. Chicken is so versatile and good for you. My whole family loves it. Try it for yourself. You will be glad you did. [Click the title link for the rest of the recipe]
- Spiral Sliced Ham get one that will fit into your Crock-pot.
- Beer of your Choice. I like to use a Dark Beer. I think it brings more flavor.
- Mustard Get a Good mustard not the Neon Yellow Ballpark Mustard you put on your hot dogs.
- 3 tablespoons of white sugar
That is all I use. Now you can add whatever you like to your Ham. Cloves, Brown sugar, I like my Ham simple and easy. [Click the title link for the rest of the recipe]
Ok what is needed for Crock Pot Turkey Breast?
- Crock Pot larger size is nice this time
- Bone in Turkey Breast pick the size appropriate for your needs
- Salt, Pepper to Taste
- Bottle of Italian Dressing you can buy it or make it
That is all. Simple Huh? Ok take your Turkey Breast and trim off the extra Skin. Salt and Pepper or spices of your choice on both sides rubbing it in. Place the Turkey Breast in the Crock Pot Bone Side down or Breast Side up however you want to look at it. Now take the Italian dressing and baste the Turkey Breast with it liberally. [Click the title link for the rest of the recipe]
If you received entertainment and/or value from The Creek Road Podcast, Please use our affiliate link on the right. It costs you nothing and will help us with the costs of our website, as Amazon pays us up to 10% of your total purchases, thank you.
Photo From Flickr Commons Thank you: Family Recipe